Facilities for Persons with Disabilities
The Museum strives to provide a barrier-free access for all. Wheelchairs can be borrowed at the Information Counter on the G/F subject to availability. Coaches from rehabilitation centres may drop off visitors at the museum's roundabout which leads directly to the museum G/F lobby.
Currently, barrier-free facilities and services provided at Hong Kong Science Museum are:
- Barrier-free entrance
- Barrier-free lift
- Barrier-free ramp
- Accessible toilets
- Tactile warning strips to the escalators
- Tactile guide path
- Audio and visual signals of the emergency alarm system
- Assistive listening system
- Audible signal in passenger lift
- Visual display board
- Designated spaces convenient for wheelchair users in Lecture Hall
- All floors are accessible via lift
You are welcome to contact the Manager (Hong Kong Science Museum) who is also the Access Officer of the Museum at 2732 3228 during office hours.