To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Hong Kong Science Museum will specially present a large-scale dinosaur exhibition "The Hong Kong Jockey Club Series: The Big 8 – Dinosaur Revelation". To complement the exhibition, and provide an educational and fun experience, the Museum is joining hands with the MTR Corporation to organise a drawing competition with the combined theme of dinosaurs and our local culture. The MTR is the main means of public transport in Hong Kong. Apart from taking us around the city every day, it also brings us joy in each travel experience. As one of the most iconic prehistoric animals, dinosaurs once roamed the Earth until their sudden demise. Little-known though, their lives leave us much capacity for imagination. The Museum hopes that students can unleash their creativity and imagination to create unique artworks. All local primary and secondary school students are welcome to join.
This competition is an education programme of " The Hong Kong Jockey Club Series: The Big 8 – Dinosaur Revelation" Exhibition.
Click here to view the "List of Winners".
Details of the Competition
Each entrant shall comply with the rules set out in the Terms and Conditions, failing which the entry will be disqualified / not be entertained and the Organisers will not make any further notice thereupon.
- Awards and Prizes
- Submission Requirements
- Application and Submission Methods
- Result Announcement
- MTR Tour with Dino Friends
MTR operates nine heavy rail lines with 97 stations, the High Speed Rail, Airport Express and the Light Rail network. If you want to have a local rail tour with your dino friends, where would be your favourite destination?
- Dinosaurs VS MTR
There were a vast variety of dinosaurs, each with their distinct features. MTR also have various fun facts about the trains, routes and stations. Unleash your creativity and compare dinosaurs and MTR in a scientific way!
(Click here to download MTR Fun Facts, MTR business overview)
|P01||Junior primary level (P.1–3)|
|P02||Senior primary level (P.4–6)|
|P03||Junior secondary level (S.1–3)|
|P04||Senior secondary level (S.4–6)|
|D01||Junior secondary level (S.1–3)|
|D02||Senior secondary level (S.4–6)|
- Champion (one): Certificate and Voucher HK$1,600
- 1st Runner-up (one): Certificate and Voucher HK$1,200
- 2nd Runner-up (one): Certificate and Voucher HK$800
- Merit Awards (five): Certificate and Voucher HK$400
- Dimensions: A3 (29.7 cm x 42 cm) white drawing paper, in vertical or horizontal format.
- Format: the artwork must be hand-drawn on a paper surface. Three-dimensional artworks, digital artworks or collage are not accepted.
- Medium: can be any (such as colour pencil drawing, acrylic painting, sketch, pastel painting, and oil painting, etc.), except computer drawings, photographs or any form of collage. The artwork must be original and be copied.
- The artwork should not be folded, curled or stapled.
Digital Graphics Category
- Dimensions: A3 (29.7 cm x 42 cm), in vertical or horizontal format.
- Format: any drawing software, to be specified in the application form and submit the artwork in JPG format.
- Medium: can be any, except transforming or retouching photographs into artwork. The artwork must be original and not be copied.
- Resolution: at least 300dpi
- File size: must not exceed 10MB
Application and Submission Methods
Entrants shall only join the competition on an individual or school basis.
Individual entrants should obtain agreement from his/her parent/guardian/teacher to take part in the competition. The submission can also be made by the school on students' behalf. Schools interested in joining the Competition can submit the entries in batch.
Please read the instructions on the application form carefully. Click here to download Application form.
- Complete the Application Form and Artwork Label, and stick the Artwork Label at the back of the artwork.
- Submit the Application Form along with the original artwork by post or by hand to the Hong Kong Science Museum on or before 20.6.2022. Please mark "Submission for MTR X Dinosaur Adventure Art Competition 2022" on the envelope.
- By post: postmark later than 20.6.2022 will be regarded as late submission. Late submission or any post with insufficient stamp fee will not be processed.
Address: 2/F Office, Hong Kong Science Museum, 2 Science Museum Road, Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Attn. Development Unit)
- By hand: Place the application in the drop-in boxes located at G/F entrance of the Hong Kong Science Museum on or before 20.6.2022 5:00pm. Late submission will not be processed.
Digital Graphics Category
- Please name the files in the following format: "category code_English full name on the proof of identity", e.g. the artwork file should be named as "D01_Chan_Tai_Ming.jpg" and the Application Form should be named as "D01_Chan_Tai_Ming.pdf".
- Complete the Application Form and Artwork Label. Send the Application Form along with the artwork file in JPG format to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20.6.2022 11:59 pm. Please mark "Submission for MTR X Dinosaur Adventure Art Competition 2022" as the email subject. Late submission will not be processed.
|Relevance to the theme||20%|
Chick here to view the "List of Winners".
Awards Presentation Ceremony
Awards Presentation Ceremony will be held during the exhibition period of "The Hong Kong Jockey Club Series: The Big 8 – Dinosaur Revelation".
Exhibition on Winning Entries [UPDATE]
Period: 12.8.2022 - 26.10.2022
Venue: G/F Exhibition Hall, Hong Kong Science Museum
Winning entries are also displayed at some MTR stations during the exhibition period of "The Hong Kong Jockey Club Series:The Big 8 – Dinosaur Revelation".
"The Hong Kong Jockey Club Series: The Big 8 – Dinosaur Revelation" Exhibition
Jointly presented by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department and the First Initiative Foundation
Jointly organised by the Hong Kong Science Museum and the First Initiative Foundation
Exclusive Sponsor: The Hong Kong Jockey Club
Supporting Organisation: MTR Corporation
Exhibition of Winning Entries:
12.8.2022 - 26.10.2022
G/F Exhibition Hall, Hong Kong Science Museum
Telephone: 2732 3218 / 2732 3220 (Mon to Fri: 9:00am - 1:00pm, 2:00pm - 5:00pm, except public holidays)